Why does my iPhone 5s battery drain quickly after i've had the new battery fitted?

I

iMore Question

iphone 5s battery drains quickly after ive had new battery fitted

ive taken it to apple twice but problem persists
whats the fix for this ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iphone 5s battery drains quickly after ive had new battery fitted

Maybe it's what you're doing on the phone. To see if the battery is bad, take this test:
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it is how you're using it. Battery life on my 5s is good. Good luck.

Stephmac69

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
hi thanks for replying my iphone drains overnight when on stand bye ive taken it to genius bar they done a D F U
and they said iy would fix problem but it still does it.
ive tried all the battery saving tips but it still drains
and my phone is out of warranity what can i do to first diagonose whats wrong with it ?
and howe to fix?

WadeHM

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Your new battery may be defective. Where did you get it and who installed it? If its a recently purchased battery you should have a warranty on it.

Sent via

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711