Why isn't my OneDrive backing up my camera automatically?

RasperberryIV

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive isn't backing up camera automatically

I'm running into an issue with OneDrive not backing up my camera in the background. I have enabled background refresh at the iOS level as well as enabling camera backup and upload in background within the OneDrive app. The only way I can get it to upload pictures is if I open the app and let it scan for new pictures.

I thought it should just run in the background and do its job. I'm running into the same issue with IFTTT, it will only run tasks if I open the app.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Device: iPhone 6+
iOS: 8.1.2

majestyreside

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there is a solution for this.

I believe Iphone is disabling wifi for 3pp applications when it gets into standby mode since the OneDrive application is requesting cellular access whenever it stops.

But if there are some other 3pp applications which can do this in background my theory will be invalid :).

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: OneDrive isn't backing up camera automatically

Same here.. If I minimise the app, the upload pauses and resumes back the moment I maximise it. :(

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I'll have to check it out today because I was pretty sure that worked for me. As long *** you don't kill the app in the background.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All photos and videos will be uploaded at their original sizes when you're on a Wi‑Fi network. If you want to use your mobile network, tap the three horizontal bars in the upper-left corner, tap Settings, tap Camera Backup, and then turn on Use Mobile Network.

To set your device to upload pictures even when the OneDrive app isn't the active app, tap Upload in Background.

The camera roll on your device isn't kept in sync with the Camera roll folder in OneDrive. After photos and videos finish uploading, you can delete them from your device, and the copies in OneDrive won't be affected.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/ios-faq

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I keep the photos currently on my camera roll backed up to iCloud. All others I organize in folders or albums in Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I like all my photos organized rather than a "Camera Roll" where all the photos upload to. So I upload my photos manually to the appropriate app and folders. That's just how I like it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is a solution for this.

I believe Iphone is disabling wifi for 3pp applications when it gets into standby mode since the OneDrive application is requesting cellular access whenever it stops.

But if there are some other 3pp applications which can do this in background my theory will be invalid :).

Double check your settings. I haven't opened OneDrive in a week and all the pictures I took last night are were there when I opened it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner