Why is "leave this conversation" in gray and not red?

I

iMore Question

I am in a group chat with two people and I don't want to be in the group chat anymore. The "leave this conversation" feature is gray and I am un-able to leave the chat. Everyone in the chat is using iMessage. Does everyone need ios8 for me to do this?

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The 'leaving imessage group chats' feature is kinda buggy tbh - the only solution I've found is to switch iMessage off altogether until Apple fix the feature and make it less buggy - it's annoying but it stops your phone going off all the time. However, have you asked them if they would create a new group and leave you out of it or ask them to deselect you from the list of people they are sending the messages to?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I am in a group chat with two people and I don't want to be in the group chat anymore. The "leave this conversation" feature is gray and I am un-able to leave the chat. Everyone in the chat is using iMessage. Does everyone need ios8 for me to do this?

Yes everyone needs iOS 8 for you to use the "leave this conversation" feature. You can also turn off group messaging by going to settings, messages and turn off group messaging.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's grayed out because not everyone is on iOS 8. Go to the group and tell them to delete the group and start over without you. Explain to them why you can't do it any other way.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Grace Marsden

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I came to this page in answer to the same question a and found nothing in way of an answer. However, I found that when I added another con however, I found that when I added another contact to the group, the leave conversation button turns red. I hope this helps. X

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I came to this page in answer to the same question a and found nothing in way of an answer. However, I found that when I added another con however, I found that when I added another contact to the group, the leave conversation button turns red. I hope this helps. X

You need at least 3 people in the conversation in order to use that feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro