Can you recommend a simple app for receipt scanning only for tax deductions?

I

iMore Question

using iPhone 4s
I have several hundred receipts I need to categorize for tax deductions. I need to capture the basic info and then upload to Drive/Excel spreadsheet.
Suggestions?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest Turbo scan been using it for a couple of years but you can find a few free ones in the App Store

TurboScan: quickly scan multipage documents into high-quality PDFs by Piksoft Inc.

oldschoolLizzie

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
anyone using one of the free apps ..just basic stuff....nothing fancy....just want to scan the receipt, capture basic info and then create spreadsheet so I donllt have to use a calculator to add everything...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used several scanning apps because I scan a good deal of receipts, contracts, warranties, etcetera, but I absolutely adore using the new Scannable app by Evernote. It is almost ***** proof. I mean, unless you opt for manual control, all you have to do is allow the app to see the document and within a second or two, it will auto align it and then take the photo. Heck, i've rarely had to even use the crop function. It's been that good, in my experience, and yes, it's free.

iMore Blog article: Evernote's Scannable turns your iPhone or iPad into a scanner | iMore

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evernote-scannable/id883338188?at=10l3Vy

zuntax

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
All paid versions.
CamScanner + (use own cloud storage for backup) By information from developer "we use military level encryption, such as 2048-bit SSL/TLS and 256-bit AES".
No Folders option, only Tags.
Support upload to:
- BOX
- Dropbox
- OneDriver
- Google Drive
- Evernote

Or
Scanner Pro (work with iCloud Drive automatically)
Plus Support upload to:
- WebDev (BOX )
- Dropbox
- Google Drive
- Evernote
Folders option available

Last edited: