I installed IOS 8 on my iPad Mini and it's been slow ever since. Any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

apps incl mail and I books are slow to open..and the device seems generally unstable. I've been to the Apple Store..their suggestions did not resolve the issue. any suggestions ?

thanks

steve

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I added IOS 8 to my Ipad mini.ever since it has been very slow

What was the Apple Store's suggestion? My suggestion is for you to put the device in DFU or recovery mode, and reinstall iOS. Afterwards, set it up as new. My iPad Mini runs well with the latest iOS version installed.

StevenUK

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I also installed iOS 8 on my first gen iPad mini, and it is now so slow it is unbelievable.

Previously I had iOS 6 on the iPad, and it run FLAWLESSLY but decided to trust Apple and update, and now my iPad mini performs like Internet on dial up - garbage.

Thanks Apple, you well and truly screwed me over. You have rendered a perfectly working device to one that is now too annoying to use.

And yes, everything has been tried to get the iPad functioning again, but no, Apple in their profiteering wisdom decide not to allow their consumers (you know, the ones who keep their shareholders happy) to roll back IOS and make a perfectly working machine capable again.

I'm off to android...

StevenUK

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Really? I have updated 2 original iPad minis with IOS8 and both have the same problems, much slower than with the previous IOS.

Are you saying that the (well documented by many original iPad mini owners) speed of Safari after updating to IOS8 has not slowed down, or that when loading the App Store there is now a delay of 3/4 seconds? to name just a few of the issues.

If you say no, I would be very surprised.

What I find hilarious, is that I keep reading similar problems to mine on many other forums, and then the users will say something like "well, gee, I guess I'll have to buy a new iPad". Apple must be lapping these sheep up like it is Christmas everyday.

One user on another forum said something along the lines of:

"I did not even expect that the latest version would run very smoothly. Yes it may be a bit slower but it is still functional and that doesn't ruin the experience. It doesn't matter unless it reaches a point where you cannot use it at all."

I couldn't believe what I was reading. It seems like Apple has become a religion instead of just a consumer brand...