Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iCloud account question

Hi there,
    I have an iPhone 5 which I left at a friends house who lives miles away from me, it wasn't a problem as I was due to upgrade my contract. I upgraded to the new iPhone 6 and after logging in my iCloud account, retrieved my info etc.
    My phone provider sent a new sim with the new phone so I asked to have my number transferred to the new sim so I was wondering if when the old phone is turned on, will my messages, Apps etc show on the old phone or do you think the old SIM will have been cancelled and my old phone unable to be accesed?
    Also, any messages etc received/sent on my new phone, will they show up on the old phone when it's turned back on?
    I'm thinking of letting my friend have my old phone and didn't want to travel miles to delete my info off the phone.
    Appreciate any advice
    Many thanks

Default Re: iCloud account question

Yes. You need to completely logout of iCloud and then you should login to Apple's "Manage Your Apple ID" site to remove your old device from your list of "trusted" devices, if applicable. You can also login to iCloud via a computer and then remotely erase your the phone you're thinking of giving to your friend. By doing that, he or she can then set it up for themselves using his or her own Apple ID and passcode.