How to print full resolution pictures using iCloud Photo Library?

I

iMore Question

I recently uploaded all the pictures on my iphone to the icloud photo library which keeps a reduced resolution copy of each image on the iphone and a full resolution image of each picture on the icloud. Now I want to print a full resolution image of a picture from my iphone. How do I retrieve the full resolution image from the icloud to achieve this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

How does iCloud Photo Library save space on my device?

If you turn on Optimize [device] Storage, iCloud Photo Library will automatically manage the size of your library on your iOS device, so you can make the most of your device's storage and access more photos than ever. iCloud Photo Library stores the original, high-resolution photos and videos in iCloud and can keep lightweight, device-optimized versions on each of your devices. As long as you have enough storage, recent photos and videos that you access the most will stay on your device at full resolution.
You can turn on Optimize [device] Storage from Settings > iCloud > Photos or Settings > Photos & Camera > iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You need an Internet connection to access an original photo or video that’s stored only in iCloud.

If you're not sure if the full res photo is on your device... I'd fetch it from iCloud via computer and print there...

Ham Smith

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
So the answer is:
Once you optimize for your device, you cannot access full resolution photos on that device unless you turn off optimization?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No...you select the photo in question in the Photos app, and it will download the full res version if it's not already on the device.

Ham Smith

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't seem to work, there is a timer icon on the bottom right that moves 1/4 of the way then stops. Is that an attempt to download?
It's the same on every photo I select