Why don't I have a cellular service pop up?

anon(4740623)

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
No cellular service pop up - Please help.

I have an iPad Air WiFi only. I continually get a pop up telling me I have no celluar service and need to sign up for one. I have the cellular service toogle off in settings. I have reset wifi settings, turned off the phone, and also done a soft reset. I do not want or need cellular service. Thank you for any help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: No cellular service pop up - Please help.

Are you sure it's wifi only? Look on the side of the iPad for a sim tray...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The wifi only iPads don't even have cellular toggles in the settings app. So the OP's iPad must be a cellular one.
Indeed. What the OP can do is put it in airplane mode, then turn on wifi and the cellular nag screen should only pop up on device restarts...

anon(4740623)

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I was pretty sure it is wifi only. Now, you have me wondering. How would I know? I do not remember paying the extra money for the wifi/cellular one. As far as putting it in Airplane mode, that works - but ONLY if I don't want to use my bluetooth keyboard.

Thank you both for your help. It is hard to understand all of this sometimes.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

After putting it in Airplane mode, you can turn Bluetooth on just like you can wifi...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The wifi only iPads don't even have cellular toggles in the settings app. So the OP's iPad must be a cellular one.

Agreed, I just checked my wifi only model to be sure.

Yes definitely the OP's iPad has to be cellular capable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(4740623)

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone! Well, I learned a good thing about my iPad! Previously when I put it in airplane mode, I could not connect my Belkin keyboard. All is working now. Again, thank you very much!

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Also, the cellular model does have a big black piece of plastic along the top where the antennae are located. That is a FOR SURE giveaway if it's a cellular model.