Why can't one select between earbuds and internal speakers
When earphones are connected to an iMac via USB, either the internal speakers and earphones are selectable ... however, when earbuds (or any headphone type device) is connected directly to the rear of the iMac, the internal speaker selection is removed and replaced with headphones, i.e., you can't leave the headphones/earbuds connected and then select between them and the iMac's internal speakers ... why not?
- 01-14-2015, 10:34 AM #2
- 01-14-2015, 05:13 PM #3iMore Elite
- 2,172 Posts
Re: Why can't one select between earbuds and internal speakers
Yes, as noted, only Apple can answer the "why" question.
However, on most devices (phone, computers, etc), something being plugged into the headphone jack will override all other audio outputs. This is by design.
- By JobSteves in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 13Last Post: 08-11-2016, 09:33 PM
- By brookeyydo0o in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 13Last Post: 02-28-2015, 06:37 AM
- By HannaHanna88 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 01-15-2015, 02:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2015, 04:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2015, 09:29 AM