Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 2 Post By JobSteves
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    JobSteves's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    So Just the other day Safari stopped loading any sort of webpage on my iPhone.

    Have you ever had faulty Wi-Fi that sometimes doesn't work until you reset the router? Well that's exactly what it's like for me. However I've tried that it didn't work, and even my LTE doesn't work. Oh and everything else that uses Internet (tweetbot, Instagram, pandora etc.) work just fine.

    I've cleared all the data, I've deleted it from multitasking, I have done a hard reset, nothing works. However it only does this with Safari, when I use other third-party browsers the websites load just fine.

    So I'm just curious if anyone has any remedies for this other then restoring my phone because I don't want to lose my jailbreak.
  2. #2  

    Default re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Wow. Interesting. Have you checked the restrictions settings? Go to Settings - General - Restrictions - (enter your passcode), and then scroll down to the "Allowed Content" section and then make sure that "All" is selected next to "Websites".

    Alternatively, you can try resetting the network settings or checking your router or firewall configuration to see if Safari has been blocked from accessing the internet.
  3. #3  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

    Default re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Try resetting network settings.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    JobSteves's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Wow. Interesting. Have you checked the restrictions settings? Go to Settings - General - Restrictions - (enter your passcode), and then scroll down to the "Allowed Content" section and then make sure that "All" is selected next to "Websites".

    Alternatively, you can try resetting the network settings or checking your router or firewall configuration to see if Safari has been blocked from accessing the internet.
    Thanks for the advice. However I don't have restrictions turned on, and I've tried everything else you suggested and the screen just sits likes this for an in infinite amount of one.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    JobSteves's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421250357.729043.jpg 
Views:	1437 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	75476
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Thanks for the advice. However I don't have restrictions turned on, and I've tried everything else you suggested and the screen just sits likes this for an in infinite amount of one.
    Well, it might be a good time to restore your device and set it up as new. Oh, speaking of restoring, just in case it's a bad / corrupted setting, try going to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings". This action will NOT erase the contents of your device. All settings will simply revert to their default.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    JobSteves's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Well, it might be a good time to restore your device and set it up as new. Oh, speaking of restoring, just in case it's a bad / corrupted setting, try going to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings". This action will NOT erase the contents of your device. All settings will simply revert to their default.
    Again thanks. I reset all settings and now every time I open Safari it instantly puts the device into sleep mode. I was afraid that the only option would be to restore my phone and since I don't want to lose my jailbreak I'll just continue to use a third-party browser regardless of the fact that I like Safari better.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Again thanks. I reset all settings and now every time I open Safari it instantly puts the device into sleep mode. I was afraid that the only option would be to restore my phone and since I don't want to lose my jailbreak I'll just continue to use a third-party browser regardless of the fact that I like Safari better.
    I totally overlooked the fact that your device is jailbroken. That or a jailbreak app or setting is more than likely the culprit, but I'm only guessing. I don't and have never jailbroken any of my iOS devices.
    Sherry_B likes this.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    JobSteves's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Yup. As soon as I posted last I was kicking myself for not thinking of the most obvious. I installed a tweak the other day. I just uninstalled it and BAM! Everything is back to normal.
    Just_Me_D and Sherry_B like this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Yup. As soon as I posted last I was kicking myself for not thinking of the most obvious. I installed a tweak the other day. I just uninstalled it and BAM! Everything is back to normal.
    Nice, and I'm glad you got it all working again. Thanks for the update, and enjoy the rest of your day...
  11. #11  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Yup. As soon as I posted last I was kicking myself for not thinking of the most obvious. I installed a tweak the other day. I just uninstalled it and BAM! Everything is back to normal.
    Now... for the benefit of other fellow users who jailbreak - mind naming the tweak so others can avoid it??
  12. #12  
    IconoclastHumanist's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Cool Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    Had this happen once, on my iPhone still "in jail". I had Safari cellular data disabled and a good wifi connection, yet Safari was claiming I had "no internet connection".

    Killing and restarting Safari did not help.

    Killing Safari, then turning off wifi, and turning it back on, then restarting Safari, did not help.

    I killed Safari, selected Airplane Mode, then went back to normal mode, then opened Safari. PROBLEM SOLVED! Not sure if this is just a one-time coincidence; no chance to repeat so far.

    Looks like somehow Safari got into a funny mode where it ONLY used cellular data, even when wifi was good...which might explain why my data use is higher than I would expect. NOT HAPPY about the possibility Safari was chewing through a lot of cellular data when wifi would have been available for free!
  13. #13  
    sprout1958's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    My phone has been doing the same thing. If I clear out all the open web pages it works fine. I've never had this problem before but as long as I keep it cleaned out it works fine.
  14. #14  
    CHIYING's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Safari won't load anything. It will NOT access the internet.

    It worked!!! Thank you So Much!

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I find the ability to configure facebook on my iphone 5?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 10:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 10:14 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 09:18 AM
  4. Ipad stuck on startup not charging?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 08:58 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 05:51 AM

Posting Permissions