How do I sync old school iPod now that I'm using iTunes Match & don't keep local music files?
I have the OLD (Classic - with click wheel) iPod & used to sync it with cable to iTunes. Now I am on iTunes Match and have deleted all local music files (to save hard drive space on MacBook Air). Everything works beautifully on that + 1 other MacBook Air + iPad + iPhone - without cables, of course. How do I keep my music up to date on the old iPod? Thanks!
- 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM #2
- 01-13-2015, 09:17 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: How do I sync old school iPod now that I'm using iTunes Match & don't keep local music files?
Thank you for the quick response. If I could ask a follow-up: am I constrained in this case because it would be the 5th device tied to my iTunes account, or simply because of the (age of the) iPod (or both)? I presume from your response that in this particular case I would not be able to keep my music files up to date on this iPod, given that I have wiped the hard drive of the files (for the master Mac). I suppose I could use the 2nd Mac or some other device to be master, with the files locally of course, and use that for syncing the iPod.
- 01-14-2015, 07:30 AM #4
- 01-14-2015, 02:05 PM #5
- By kikazz69 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2015, 06:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-14-2015, 09:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2015, 08:22 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2015, 04:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM