Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Transferring Data

Followed all instructions to transfer data from IPhone 4s to 6 using iTunes. I lost my notes and calendars in transfer. When I go to notes it said default to PC. Are my notes someplace on my PC. How can I get my notes back?

Default Re: Transferring Data

We don't have any idea what instructions you are referring to. Having said that, if you completed an iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPhone 4S, and then restored that backup to your iPhone 6 then your notes, calendars, and anything else included in the backup should appear on your new device. If you did NOT create an iCloud or an iTunes backup then your notes, etcetera are lost. Now, if your notes and calendar are associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etcetera, then all you have to do is configure the service with your your device and then enable the toggle next to notes and calendars in order for them to sync to your iPhone 6.

Default Re: Transferring Data

To go with what 'D said, you might also check your email Notes folder. If you don't see a Notes folder for your email, go to Settings >Mail,Contacts and Calendars >Email address >Toggle OFF Notes. Then go check your email Notes folder.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.