Why are my new app updates stopping my app use?

I

iMore Question

New update stops my app use

I have the iPhone 4S and had the Chase Bank app. From time to time I would get update alerts, I'd always download them. Today I tried to open the app & it said I needed to download the latest update. (Which is odd because i never got an alert) When I tried to update it said it was only for 7 iOS or later! So now I cannot open my Chase app anymore! I'd have to remove all my other necessary apps to make room for this update! Is there anything I can do? Why does this suddenly stop my use? Grrr...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: New update stops my app use

Make room for the update! There's much you to to make room. You will need about 6 gb available. Delete a bunch of apps. You can download them back after the update. You don't have to delete them all. Don't delete them if it's like a game with progress or anything you might lose the content. Some are online, like Facebook, and all you need do is log back in. You don't lose anything. Also, delete music from your music library. You can download them back after the update. You don't have to pay for anything again. Delete messages and emails. Upload photos to apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive, then delete them from your camera roll. It's some trouble, but it's what you need to do.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: New update stops my app use

If you have issues running iOS 8.1.2 on your 4s, here's some tips to help it run better.
To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Number 1 might be a problem, but do what you can. Maybe you can upgrade soon.
Good luck!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2