I can' upgrade my phone/ipad to iOS 8 because I don't have enough storage so I bought 20 gig of icloud storage to upload my photos - but... Can't upload my photos because haven't got iOS 8 .... Help please!!
    01-12-2015 08:10 AM
    iCloud storage is irrelevant in this regard. You need to free up space "on the device". If you have lots of music, videos, photos, etcetera on the device, upload or transfer that stuff onto a computer, external drive or cloud service like Dropbox, and then install iOS 8. Do you not have iTunes installed on a computer? Use it to transfer your stuff. If you have a ton of apps installed, delete them off of the device until you've installed iOS 8, and then reinstall them via the "Purchased" section of the App Store.
    01-12-2015 08:17 AM
    I can' upgrade my phone/ipad to iOS 8 because I don't have enough storage so I bought 20 gig of icloud storage to upload my photos - but... Can't upload my photos because haven't got iOS 8 .... Help please!!
    Welcome to iMore! You did the wrong thing. More iCloud storage is not what you needed. You needed more phone storage. You need to delete stuff from your phone. Music, apps and etc. You can download them back after the update. Photos can be stored on cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. The iCloud storage is mostly for back up. But you can't delete stuff from your phone if it's just backed up. You need phone storage, not iCloud storage. Delete all your big apps. Delete all your messages. Delete music. You can get it all back except the messages. Use the apps I suggested to upload your photos to, then delete them from your camera roll. It's the only way. Good luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-12-2015 08:23 AM