Why are you still thumb typing on an iphone anyway?

I

iMore Question

The excellent voice to text function should eliminate the need for that. My wife rarely types to text - sometimes to correct a spelling but that is all. I still have an iphone 4 and I am struggling with the 6 vs 6 plus question too. Does the better battery life and display outweigh the issue of size? the other issue that never seems to get reviewed is how big is the phone with a case on it? I don't know anyone who has a phone without a case.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
6+ was too big for my taste... Battery life for my use on the 6 is everybody bit as good as my iPhone5... Typing on the 6 is not an issue for me...

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I like typing that speaking to text. Lol I can't get the iPhone to type correctly what i speak to it when in a public transport with noises and another thing is privacy, don't need everyone to know what's the content of my SMS.
I love having cases on the iPhone which making it bigger and heavier so I don't really worry about what case to protect the phone with since I'm not after anything extra slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have OCD. Saying out loud "Hello how are you question mark" would drive me up the wall.

As for not having a case for the 6+? Well, I wouldn't recommend it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I need the exercise. I sit in my easy chair the better part of the day. So most of my exercise is from typing with my fingers. I actually don't use my thumbs.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The excellent voice to text function should eliminate the need for that. My wife rarely types to text - sometimes to correct a spelling but that is all. I still have an iphone 4 and I am struggling with the 6 vs 6 plus question too. Does the better battery life and display outweigh the issue of size? the other issue that never seems to get reviewed is how big is the phone with a case on it? I don't know anyone who has a phone without a case.

I agree voice to text is a great feature, but there are places, times and situations where you can't or it's not appropriate to use voice to text. The issue of the 6 vs the 6 plus really depends on your priorities and how you use your phone.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm not a fan of voice options. I use it in my car for calls and that's it! I say visit your local carrier and try various devices/sizes. See what suits you. Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy...