Is my 7 year old iMac 27 still useful?
I am trying to avoid buying a whole new computer when desk top monitor i have still looks so good yet im told this is a vintage computer. snow leopard OS
i hate throwing this away. it seems I use it mostly for email, excel, work, photos. I don't play games or watch movies .
- 01-10-2015, 01:28 PM #2
- 01-10-2015, 01:40 PM #3
- 01-10-2015, 03:03 PM #4
Re: Is my 7 year old iMac 27 still useful?
If that's all you use it for, then you can continue to use it for that as long as it turns on and boots up. And knowing Apple products it could continue to run for a long long while.
That being said, you could consider getting a Mac Mini and then using the 27" iMac as the monitor (although double check that the iMac can be used this way. I think some generations can and others cannot). If that works, then you'll have a new computer but still be able to use that new 27" screen.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2015, 09:02 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-10-2015, 08:40 AM
- By Miska Hietala in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2015, 07:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2015, 11:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2015, 06:52 AM