I

iMore Question

I have never owned on and want to expand my knowledge in technology

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
why is the i pad better then the others

User friendly, more and better apps. iPad is better, when it comes to web compatibility. Web browser is an important tool for using many apps. Hence, if you want a tablet, it is quite common that you want a good browser compatibility. The browser in Android 3.0 isn't so hot. Many users complain of zoom hiccupping. iPad, on the other hand delivers web content well. Websites appear on iPad in the manner they appeared on the computer. You can scroll and zoom without sucking. iPad delivers Java wonderfully, while the Android tablets makes a lot of mess.. Better hardware, software and size. It just works!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is the i pad better then the others

User friendly, more and better apps. iPad is better, when it comes to web compatibility. Web browser is an important tool for using many apps. Hence, if you want a tablet, it is quite common that you want a good browser compatibility. The browser in Android 3.0 isn't so hot. Many users complain of zoom hiccupping. iPad, on the other hand delivers web content well. Websites appear on iPad in the manner they appeared on the computer. You can scroll and zoom without sucking. iPad delivers Java wonderfully, while the Android tablets makes a lot of mess.. Better hardware, software and size. It just works!

I'll have to disagree on the browser. Safari is one of the worst browsers I've ever used. I like my iPad mini for games but I avoid it for surfing.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have never owned on and want to expand my knowledge in technology

Okay, I'll bite. The iPad is adored by a good deal of people for various reasons, however, it is by no means preferred by "everyone". Tablet sales, in general, are alleged to be on the decline in part because of the enlarged display sizes of numerous smartphones. Now, I recommend you mosey on down to a nearby Best Buy, Walmart, Target or an Apple Store and check out the iPad. You *may* discover that it is not "better than the others".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'll have to disagree on the browser. Safari is one of the worst browsers I've ever used. I like my iPad mini for games but I avoid it for surfing.

I don't recall mentioning Safari. I refered to browsing in general, regardless of which browser is used. Many on I devices use Chrome. I like the Puffin Browser.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I don't recall mentioning Safari. I refered to browsing in general, regardless of which browser is used. Many on I devices use Chrome. I like the Puffin Browser.

Agreed. Avoid safari OP.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

3.0? Think you mean lollipop 5.0 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

The browser in Android 3.0 isn't so hot.

Who still uses Android 3.0?
3.0? Think you mean lollipop 5.0 lol

Most likely. There's a huge difference between the two.

Safari is the worse browser I've ever used.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Who still uses Android 3.0?

Most likely. There's a huge difference between the two.

Safari is the worse browser I've ever used.

Safari is about the same or slightly better than all the other mobile browsers I've used on iOS, and head and shoulders above every browser I've used on android.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

rockerchick

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I love Safari. I love that I can go to the same pages in the same spot via continuity on my iOS devices. I know you can see the sites you use per device when logged into chrome as well. But i also like the ease of getting a week b not mobile page and searching within pages via Safari. Saving pages to read later and even being able to check out twitter on the fly with the tab in Safari. The there are many advantages for me in using the default safari. I've had too many times that Chrome crapped out on simple web pages for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods