Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default It's been 12 hours and iOS still hasn't finished updating. What can I do?

I'm downloading a software update (8.1.2) on my phone at it's been at 12 hours for a while now and just wondering if I can speed it up?

Default Re: Software download

You should be able to reboot your device by simultaneously pressing both the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo. The update *should* continue where it left off.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: It's been 12 hours and iOS still hasn't finished updating. What can I do?

It did but now it's downloading but there is no status bar nor time remaining showing. I have never seen a update do this. Is this normal?

Default Re: It's been 12 hours and iOS still hasn't finished updating. What can I do?

Not in my experience. If you're updating OTA (over the air), it could take a while depending on your internet connection and the same applies via iTunes. You might consider downloading the .ipsw file for the latest iOS version and install it manually via iTunes.
    iMore Nanite

I'm exactly having the same situation here right now! What to do???? It's been an entire night! I'm awake now in the morning and myphone's still showing me the white screen with black apple in the center, then it switches to blue screen and die for 2 secs and repeat. What's wrong with my phone?? Why it's taking it so long to update??? Help please!!