I tried to downgrade from Yosemite to Mavericks. Can you help me?
My backup had 10.9.5 I followed the screen instructions and after it did everything, selected my backup, when it finished, my Macbook Pro restarted. But it keeps restarting from a Recovery 10.10 volume.It seems not to recognize what I did. I actually installed OSX twice and it keeps restarting from a Recovery volume 10.10. If I restart with Option/Alt key, the options are only my external HDD and The Recovery 10.10
- 01-06-2015, 04:42 PM #2iMore Newbie
- 9 Posts
Re: I tryed to downgrade from Yosemite to Mavericks. Started from a Time Machine backup
I did this before, but unfortunately your time machine backup was done on a Yosemite system. So your recovery on Time Machine and your recovery partition would put it back to Yosemite.
What you would have to do is download and make a Mavericks USB installation drive to install it.
1. Make a Mavericks Install USB stick (http://lifehacker.com/how-to-create-...ive-1450280026)
2. Boot from the Mavericks install USB stick by turning the computer off. Hold the "Option" key and turn on the computer. Keep holding option until your boot options come up and boot from the USB stick.
3. In the installer, open disk utility and wipe your internal Hard Drive as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Name the drive Macintosh HD.
4. When that's done, exit disk utility and install Mavericks as normal!
Refer to step three in this link if you have fresh install questions: http://macpaw.com/support/cleanmymac...icks-on-my-mac
Posted via the iMore App for Android
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-14-2015, 04:25 PM
- By Madrab in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2015, 02:04 PM