Why am I not receiving sound with incoming text messages?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: No sound incoming text message

This happens to me about every day. I go to settings and click through the sound setting for text messages exactly 3 times and it works again. I have seen it on 2 phones so I am assuming it's a OS problem not a hardware one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings >Sounds>Text Tones>Choose an alert tone you can hear well and like. Turn vibrate off.
Check Settings >Notifications >messages>make sure "Allow Notifications" is toggled on.
If there is still no alert sound, try a hard reset.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Taurus Writer

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I spent weeks trying to solve this issue and I checked my Do Not Disturb settings countless times...however, look in your list of Messages...does any Message have the MOON next to that Contact? Click on that Message, click on Details, and you will see that you have Do Not Disturb on for THAT specific Contact. I had somehow turned it on for 3 of the contacts that I message the most often. (No idea how it happened) whew!

jawvp1

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to "Tauris Writer" for your solution. I had not seen that solution before (checking the "Do Not Disturb" on an individual contact). It worked perfectly, as I only had one contact for whom I was not receiving audible alerts to his texts and that was the reason. I had tried everything else and was at my "wits end" -- Thank you again!

Mary L

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Many many thanks Taurus writer! My husband never heard my texts and we had searched and searched for the answer. I would add that it was necessary to reboot the phone before it took effect. Thanks again

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many many thanks Taurus writer! My husband never heard my texts and we had searched and searched for the answer. I would add that it was necessary to reboot the phone before it took effect. Thanks again

I thought it was all text messages. How many was DND turned on? Glad you got it solved.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I spent weeks trying to solve this issue and I checked my Do Not Disturb settings countless times...however, look in your list of Messages...does any Message have the MOON next to that Contact? Click on that Message, click on Details, and you will see that you have Do Not Disturb on for THAT specific Contact. I had somehow turned it on for 3 of the contacts that I message the most often. (No idea how it happened) whew!

Great job finding the solution for this question!!!! Thank you!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Laurpl

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Taurus Writer...thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been so frustrated over this issue and your answer finally solved my problem. Whew!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup I have seen this happen to a few people.

Thanks for posting a resolution.

Yasser Shaaban

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking online for more than 3 weeks and asking and trying , and I am not that helpless with tech , I could not fix it ... YOU DID ... thank you so so so much .

wrg704

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Going to individual message and clicking on details...then removing do not disturb for that contact. IT WORKED!!
Been trying to fix forever.
Thank you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whowho