Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Angry Why is my iPhone 5C dropping phone numbers?

My friends say it is my fault but I don't even know how to erase a #. I also asked Siri to find a lawyer and she came up with 5 hotels (twice), I went to use the contacts and some have the phone number missing and have only the email address. How the hell does this happen. Is the phone defective? I am really upset because many contact phone numbers are extremely hard to find again, especially when you are on a trip etc.
    Am I going crazy. I have had the phone for 2 weeks. Maybe I made a mistake! Thanks
    iMore Intermediate

401 Posts

Default Re: 5c is dropping phone numbers What a pain in the___! Why is this happening?

Hey there,

first of all, I don't think you're dealing with a defective unit. There's some bugs here and there with iOS8, but what you describe doesn't sound like a software issue. The Siri mistake I put down to Siri mishearing your request. If you scroll up in the siri interface, it'll tell you in words what Siri understood and therefore looked up. I would assume in your case it would not say lawyer. I just gave it a go and Siri offered me a list of about 10 lawyers right off the bat.

With regard to the phone numbers I can only speculate. Did you agree to import contacts from facebook by any chance? That could explain why there's contacts that have only an email addresses attached to them. Other than that, make sure you actually confirm/save the new entries you make, and if you're certain you have done that, try spotlight search to find them. It shouldn't be hard to find a contact phone number if it's fed into your phone. For spotlight search, just drag the home screen down with your finger (not from the very top, somewhere in the middle) and type in the contact you're searching. If it doesn't come up with anything, it's probably not in your phone.

Hope this helped at least a little bit.

Default Re: 5c is dropping phone numbers What a pain in the___! Why is this happening?

If it's Facebook contacts, you'll need to go to Settings >Facebook >Toggle OFF Contacts.
    Also, if you have recently updated your OS, sometimes that plays havoc with many things, especially settings and contacts. After I update, I always go and check everything.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.