How can I receive a call or text notification when in "do not disturb" mode?
When I put my Iphone 5s in do not disturb mode from 11:00pm to 6:00am (for a good nights sleep) I would like to hear a notification sound from everyone in my contacts in case there is an emergency call. I use the do not disturb mode to block all annoying text and emails from people and companies I don't know. I thought that before I updated to the IOS8 this is what I could do.
- 01-01-2015, 02:00 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,845 Posts
Re: receiving call or text notification sounds when in do not disturb
First... add the contacts you want to always notify you to the VIP group of your contacts... then set up DnD to always allow notifications for the VIP group... also enable repeat calls in DnD if you want someone who's not on your VIP list to ring if they call back within 3 minutes of the first call...
- By mark5019 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 11Last Post: 01-02-2015, 06:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2015, 03:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2015, 01:27 PM
When I use talk to text to send text messages the person on the other and only gets random symbols, why?By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2015, 11:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2015, 10:26 AM