How easy is it to switch between a primary and a backup phone?

I

iMore Question

I have just received my iPhone 6 Plus. I am keeping my iPhone 5S as a back up because I have it in a Lifeproof case. How hard is it to switch back and forth? I have seen references to people going back and forth, for example between the 6 and the 6 plus. Are they using the same account with two phones? that is what I want to do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching between phones.

In this regard, people are usually using one account and one phone number, and are able to take the SIM card out of one device and then put it in the other.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Which carrier? Verizon you can use the website. Sprint you have to call usually. They have a place on their site that you can try but I always have to call. Verizon has same thing that works much better.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Switching between phones.

In this regard, people are usually using one account and one phone number, and are able to take the SIM card out of one device and then put it in the other.
Which works great on GSM carriers... Verizon or Sprint, the device's MEID would have to be changed in the carrier's systems for legacy CDMA support... and that's easy to do via carrier's customer account management web site, or calling customer service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices