How do I delete a List from my Reminders List screen?

I

iMore Question

In the Reminder App. there are Lists that when opened have Tasks. Deleting tasks is not the problem. Swipe left and there is the option to delete. How to get rid of the Lists is the question. Swiping doesn't work and there is no Edit option when one is at the List screen. Help!

sana15

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My one list does not have the option delete at the bottom. I using IOS 8.4.1 and it was not created on exchange or iCloud, it wastewater on my iPhone just like all the others. It is very annoying so any help would be great!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My one list does not have the option delete at the bottom. I using IOS 8.4.1 and it was not created on exchange or iCloud, it wastewater on my iPhone just like all the others. It is very annoying so any help would be great!

Post a screenshot of the list and then a second screenshot of the list after you've selected the edit option, please.

kimwig205

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with not seeing the option to delete a list. I was trying to "organize" my lists and created a new one. I was given the choice between "on my iPhone" or my name. I chose my name. I was able to remove other lists that were "on my iPhone"using your instructions above (thank you!!!), but I can't remove this last one. Did I put it on the cloud or something? Thanks for your help!!

jonnyyp

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have also been having this problem.. I accidentally created two lists which I do not need. I have been trying to delete them for 8 months. When I hit edit there is no option to delete the list. The only option I get is to edit the color of the list. Please help . I just want to get rid of these two stupid blank lists

seryosong_oso

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Once you click on the reminder, there should be an edit button on the top right hand corner along with the count of items in the list. Once you click that, it should show the delete link in the bottom. If it doesn't it could mean it's the only list you have.
share-reminders_c.jpg

danncoss

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem. Discovered that it happens only to lists that are shared. Apparently, after I turned on the new Family Sharing option to allow purchases by family members, I created a new list and inadvertently designated it as "shared" which then meantI couldn't delete it (even though I'm the only member and owner of the shared group). After trying to remove the shared settings both on the iphone and via icloud; I decided to turn off Family sharing and that solved the problem. The list was now "deleteable". Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR