The $5 Sprint 'serious' offer comes with a $36 Device upgrade charge, why were we never told?

I

iMore Question

The $5 Sprint 'serious' offer comes with a $36 Device upgrade charge, which we were never told.

One month after jumping into Sprint's 'serious' offer, we received our first bill. There is a $36 one-time DEVICE upgrade charge which we were never informed during the signing process. This afternoon I was on the phone with Sprint Customer Service for 1/2 hour. Initially the person tried to resolve it with the store that sold me the phone. At the end, the supervisor got on the phone and told me it was a legitimate charge. If i wanted to dispute, i should go back to the store.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: The $5 Sprint 'serious' offer comes with a $36 Device upgrade charge, which we were never told.

On sprint if you have a valet Credit Union saving account they must wave the activation fee

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: The $5 Sprint 'serious' offer comes with a $36 Device upgrade charge, which we were never told.

The fee was disclosed on the offer on their website. Caveat emptor.

Loyalty Pays

Offer ends 1/15/15. Activ. Fee: $36/line. Unlimited Talk Minutes: Includes unlimited domestic Long Distance calling. International svs are not included. Line must remain activated on current plan. Unlimited minutes will be added to account on the bill cycle following completion and acceptance of the online form. Qualifying plans include: Everything Data, Everything Data Share, and Everything Plus. Phone Offer: iPhone 6 $649.99; iPhone 6 Plus $749.99. Samsung Galaxy S 5 $649.99. While supplies last. Lease: Offer ends 1/15/15. Credit approval req. Terms for all other customers will vary including amount due at signing & taxes/fees. Req. qualifying device & service plan. No equipment security deposit required. Upon completion of 12 or 24 mo. term, customer can continue to pay monthly lease amount, purchase or return the device. Customer is responsible for insurance and repairs. Early Termination of Lease/Service: Remaining lease payments will be due immediately, and requires device return or payment of purchase option device price in lease. Upgrade: Service plan rates and availability subject to change. Req. good standing Loyalty Service Credit: Available only to existing customers while activated on qualified legacy service plans on select leased devices. Eligible legacy service plans are Unlimited My Way, My All-in, Everything Data, Everything Data Share, Simply Everything, Business Essentials Messaging & Data, Business Advantage Messaging & Data, Sprint Business Advantage Data Share plans and must remain in good standing. Credit will apply on the second invoice. Add-a-Line: Available only on the eligible plans. Customer will be responsible for first billing cycle charges, then the next 12 mos. of add-a-line are free. Eligible plans include: Unlimited My Way and Everything Data Share. After 12 months of free service, customer will be charged applicable add-a-line monthly charge in addition to current plan MRC. To avoid charges, customer must contact Sprint to make changes. Leasing obligations will still apply if applicable. Allow up to 2 billing periods for 1st credit to appear. Acct. must remain active during 14 day return period and remain in good standing to receive each monthly service credit. All lines on the account must remain active during 12 month free offer. If any line on the account is cancelled the free line will be billed at the regular add-a-line rate ($19.99 to $70.00 depending on plan). Add-a-line offer is not combinable with Loyalty Service Credit offer. Premium content/downloads are add'l charge. Text to third parties to participate in promotions or other may result in add'l charges. International svcs are not included. Includes select e-mail. Usage Limitations: Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds (1) 800 min. or a majority of min. or (2) 100 MB, 300 MB, or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply. See sprint.com/termsandconditions. Sprint Easy Pay: Offer ends 1/15/15. Req. 24-mo. installment agreement, 0% APR, & qualifying device & service plan. Credit approval req. Device pricing for well-qualified buyers. Monthly payment terms for all others will vary and a down payment may be required. Down payment, unfinanced portion and sales tax (on full purchase price) due at purchase. . If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Other Terms: Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. ? 2014 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Every carrier charges an "upgrade" fee. AT&T went up to $40. It's B$. You can get it waived if you try hard enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal