Swipe to unlock replacement and more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOyoJOE

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 8.1.2 64gb 60% to capacity. I used TaiG 1.1, 8.0-8.1.X Untether to jailbreak my phone.

I want to disable the default ability to swipe to unlock and instead replace that with a series of actions that need to be fulfilled in the correct order. I am thinking right now that activator might be the best option for the second part of the idea. I am not quite sure about the first portion.

I basically want to see nothing on my lock screen other than maybe the clock and of course my background/theme. And then perform the series of actions (swipe in from left, double tap the clock, swipe down on right edge, etc.) to unlock the phone.

If this is not possible I would like to find something that once I swipe to unlock a menu pops up that covers the entire screen and disables all irrelevant actions that prompts me to enter a password or some other sort of entry method in order to close the menu. I am wanting at least that because I read that passcode and other factory security practices can be a hassle/threat with a jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 device. I don't know if this is true.

I have found a tweak (I don't even know if that is the proper name for this...I am such a grandpa...YaY South Park) that allows the user to lock certain apps, but that is not the omni-security that I desire. That is to specific. I want per session security rather than per app security.

Also, It has been quite some time since I have jailbroken any device and this is my first phone experience. Today, about 3-4 days after the initial jailbreak, I did the standard shut off with the power button on the upper right side of the phone (slide to turn off appeared and I swiped!) I did this just to see what would happen. While it was "shut down" it decided to reboot itself without my command. During the reboot process, I noticed a flash of a light grayish blue screen that lasted about 1-2 seconds. It then returned to the apple logo that it had been just prior to the flash. And since then it has worked normally. Though, I will confess that when it comes to a jailbroken device...I don't know what normal is.

I am also having trouble installing themes. I installed Winterboard and when I install a free theme that states in its description that it is for Winterboard and for iOS 8+ it won't appear. I go to my settings and select the Winterboard menu and then check the theme I just downloaded, respring it, and boom...nothing... I just don't know...I have tried it several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Winterboard. I have installed Winterboarder (I don't know what that actually is). I uninstalled Winterboarder. I am lost.

I now have some "yes" or "no" questions (although feel free to elaborate if a simple "yes" or "no" doesn't suffice)

Does iCloud work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does iCloud work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock phone work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock iPad work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock applications (settings, login to compatible apps) work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock applications (settings, login to compatible apps) work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does simple passcode work to unlock an iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken? Does complex passcode work to unlock an iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does simple passcode work to unlock an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken? Does complex passcode work to unlock an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

I am sure that I will have more "yes" or "no" questions later.

Last question...for now

Are there any easily identified red flags when it comes to sources, repositories, packages, system/phone behavior, etc. to watch out for in order to avoid bricking or boot loops?

Thanks for making it through this. I hope everyone has a nice week and had an awesome year!

Peace!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR