Should I put a screen protector on my new iPhone 6 Plus?

SoCalBIGmike

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Greetings iMore! I know this may sound like a silly question, but I have noticed an uptick of broken iPhone 6's in this latest release. I do have my phone in the official Apple Leather case, but I am concerned about the screen shattering. I know Apple has a special screen on the device & an oleophobic coating.
Does putting a "Tempered glass" screen protector mess up the display & responsiveness of the device? Is it worth it? I found some on Groupon for $9.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It's really up to you but look at it like this, would you rather spend $10-20 on a screen protector or $100+ to fix a broken screen? If you get a good quality glass protector it will be just as good as the glass used on the phone itself if not better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would be hesitant to buy a tempered glass protector for $9 but that's your call. It depends on the brand I guess. You can go to Best Buy and have them price match the Zagg glass protector with Amazon. I just got my wife's for about $20. High quality and lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't hurt. I'm using the tempered glass protector that Verizon sells. Serving me well since installing it on Friday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A screen protector is a good extra layer of protection. I use a Spigen film for protection against scratches.

KatMiku

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I never used ( and still don't ) a screen protector on my 5s and the screen looks A+ even inspecting it under the light, however with all the posts I read about iPhone 6 devices getting hair line scratches visible under the light from normal use I would invest the extra money in a decent glass screen protector.

In the end you will feel bummed if you use the phone normally and away from keys and you notice hair line scratches under certain light conditions.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not worried about dropping my phone, I'm worried about putting it in my pocket with lint and possibly very small bits of dust and sand that will eventually scratch your screen. There are always going to be people who use them and don't what it comes down to is can you live with a scratch of you get one.

iksyaj

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I never used ( and still don't ) a screen protector on my 5s and the screen looks A+ even inspecting it under the light, however with all the posts I read about iPhone 6 devices getting hair line scratches visible under the light from normal use I would invest the extra money in a decent glass screen protector.

In the end you will feel bummed if you use the phone normally and away from keys and you notice hair line scratches under certain light conditions.

What do you mean with A+? Were there small scratches? My 5s has a regular protector since the first day.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't hurt. I'm using the tempered glass protector that Verizon sells. Serving me well since installing it on Friday!!

Its nice. It feels like I'm touching a display instead of a plastic protector. Plus, it provides that protection.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox