Why have some of my keys stopped working?

I

iMore Question

keys not working properly

after dowmloading a complete backup from itunes on a new iphone 6 various keys on the lower peripheray are not working like the a the l and the space bar you have to hit them 3 or 4 times

any sugestions

i had the display circuit board replaced and the entire phone replaced and still hav the same problem

thanks

Hopinator93

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh that sucks. Do you have swiftkey or some other third party keyboard application as your keyboard? If so, that could be the issue. When I owned my 4s, and did the update from ios 6 to ios 8 and put swiftkey on my iphone seemed laggish with the keyboard. Or you have too many apps open. It happens to all of us somedays when the app background screen is full and that depletes the ram that could be used for your keyboard.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: keys not working properly

Yeah. It seems software related to a third party keyboard. It could also be a problem with the OS which is not likely. Try restoring if it's not keyboard related.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: keys not working properly

Try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2