How do I delete photos to manage space?

I

iMore Question

Missing step on deleting photos to manage space.

I have been trying to free up space on my child's school iPad and noticed she had a ton of videos and photos. Note that I do not allow them to upload to iCloud so not an option for managing storage. Anyhow was frustrated in that I was deleting a lot but there was not a major change in storage space. Read your article and everything seemed fine but still no large increase in storage. What I found was that I needed to go to the Recently Deleted album and again select all items in that folder and permanently delete them. Once that was done my storage space recovered nicely. Just an FYI for someone who may be in the same boat. Really deleting needs this additional step added to article. Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Missing step on deleting photos to manage space.

Welcome to iMore! Thanks for the heads up. I had wondered about that. Have you considered her using cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos? They work great, and don't take iCloud space. After uploading the photos, they can then be deleted from the camera roll. Box offers 10 free gb of storage and OneDrive offers 30 free gb. You can set up photo albums and subalbums. They're just as easy to access and view as the camera roll. And if she wants, she can password lock the apps. That's optional. I use all 3, and they save me a bunch of space. It's a better option than deleting her photos and videos.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen