how to use a new apple id of family member without loosing the downloaded apps?
after buying iPhone 6, i want to hand over my iPad 3 to my wife. i want to wipe all my personal data including mails, contracts, (photos can remain in the ipad) but i want to keep all the apps specially the paid apps in the iPad for two reasons. 1. i have paid for those apps/games and 2. i want to avoid re installing the apps.
my wife will use separate apple id which i will create later and we will use the family sharing for better use.
- 12-18-2014, 06:27 AM #2iMore Genius
- 20,845 Posts
Re: how to use a new apple id of family member without loosing the downloaded apps?
Use your ID on that iPad for iTunes/AppStore and her ID for iCloud, email, etc. until you set up FamilyShare... Then, she can go into iTunes and download apps she wants that you purchased to her iTunes library and sync to the iPad.
- By RavenSword in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 21Last Post: 01-01-2015, 05:10 AM
- By IRONFIST Studios in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2014, 10:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2014, 03:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2014, 03:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2014, 02:56 AM