Haven't updated to IOS 8 as after downloading IOS 7 I lost dozens of inbox/outbox messages forever. I' m worried that something similar could be repeated on IOS8. I'm in UK, using Virgin Media and wonder if there's an issue of compatibility between Apple/Virgin since release of IOS7. Virgin have hinted this possibility to me. Currently using I pad 4.
- 12-17-2014, 05:16 PM #2
- 38,501 Posts
Re: Lost Emails
I have no idea how you lost your email messages, especially if they are associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etcetera. If you haven't already, login to your email service via a computer, and then check to see if the email messages are available. If they are, great.In regard to compatibility issues with Virgin Media and iOS 8, I don't know. I doubt it, but I can't say for certain.
- 12-17-2014, 05:24 PM #3
- 25,057 Posts
Re: Lost Emails
Welcome to iMore! I have never heard of anyone losing emails because of an iOS update. Misplaced maybe. Did you check all the folders? Did you try searching any using the search bar? Did you log in to your email account online to see if they were there? Regardless, it's highly unlikely you would lose your emails by updating to iOS 8.1.2. Why not read them first, then update?
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2014, 01:32 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2014, 04:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2014, 02:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2014, 10:38 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2014, 09:40 AM