My iPhone 5 home button broke, and I replaced it, but it still doesn't work. Can you help me?

I

iMore Question

Home buton broke after weeks of acting up on iPhone 5, replaced button and cable and still nothing? Please help!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you expect us to do for you in this regard? You did state that you "replaced" the home button and the cable. Did you do it correctly? Did you double-check? Maybe it's time for you to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them fix it for you or if your local mall has a smartphone repair kiosk of some sort, take it to them to fix it, if applicable.

crediblesole

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
What do you expect us to do for you in this regard? You did state that you "replaced" the home button and the cable. Did you do it correctly? Did you double-check? Maybe it's time for you to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them fix it for you or if your local mall has a smartphone repair kiosk of some sort, take it to them to fix it, if applicable.

Honestly was hoping for a better response than this? Just looking for a little help from maybe someone who had the same issue? I did follow the above guide and made dam sure it was put back as per OEM but still nothing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly was hoping for a better response than this? Just looking for a little help from maybe someone who had the same issue? I did follow the above guide and made dam sure it was put back as per OEM but still nothing?
Is it possible that your problem lies with something other than your home button? There is no way we can know for sure either way. If it were me, I'd take it to a nearby Apple Store or authorized Apple repair shop and have them diagnose and fix the problem for you.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

It maybe time for a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to have home button issues with my iPhone 5. Wants to bring up Siri too much. Then she won't go away. I ask her to take me to my home screen, and she takes me to maps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711