I have 68 photos, why can't I take a photo after deletion and purchase iCloud backup?

I

iMore Question

68 photos and can't take a photo after deletion and purchase iCloud backup

I had a samsung Galaxy 4 and always had lots of storage and memory. Now I purchased more memory via iCloud and the iPhone 6 STILL won't take a photo. Message is to delete photos or buy more storage, I bought 200 gigs if storage and still can't take a photo. I changed settings by checking use iCloud backup and still can't even take a photo. I've missed so many photo opportunities with thus iohone6 I want to cry. I'm a die hard apple fan but am disenchanted totally now. Every time I type an o I get an I instead as well. I only have 68 photos and still can't take a photo . I had 2000 or more photos on the samsung and didn't have to buy more cloud storage or delete photos EVER. I can't take a photo and apparently there is no available space on this Iphone6.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: 68 photos and can't take a photo after deletion and purchase iCloud backup

You must have internal memory available to continue taking photos. Go to Settings>General>About to see how much available space you have on your device

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
68 photos and can't take a photo after deletion and purchase iCloud backup

iCloud storage has nothing to do with you taking photos. iCloud storage is separate from your phone's storage. What gb phone do you have? If you're out of storage on your phone, then you have too much stuff on it. Photos, music, messsges etc. You get 5 gb of iCloud storage. I use that for back up, not storage as in iCloud Photo Library. I use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Then delete them from my photos app. I keep messages deleted. They will take a lot of space if you don't delete them. You can set it in settings to delete in 30 days. Keep emails deleted as well. Especially those with photos and videos. Look in settings to see what is taking up your storage space. If you have a 16 gb phone, then you have to manage that. If you have a 64 gb phone, then you have to much of something. How much music do you have? Even the Galaxy S4 had limits. If you have a lot of photos, I would definitely upload most of the photos to the apps I suggested. You can create albums in those apps. And they won't take space on your phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim