How can I permanently removed the previous owner's info from the iTunes & App Store?
I have a used ipad mini I thought I had deleted the other users account and it now has my user name and password, however when I go to download something like skpe it shows that is was already downloaded and now is in the "cloud" when I try to bring the app back it shows the other user and I have to put in a password and don't know that, I can download new items but anything that was previously downloaded and then removed and stored in the cloud wont let me do it. How can I delete that person username or delete all that is in the cloud and start over.
- 12-17-2014, 09:43 AM #2
- 38,470 Posts
re: How can I permanently removed the previous owner's info from the iTunes & App Store?
I assume you simply signed out of the iTunes & App Store and then signed back in with your username and passcode. If you did not delete the app, it will indeed ask for the other username and passcode to update it. Simply delete the app, reboot the device, and then make sure that you are signed in with your username and passcode. Go to the App Store and download the app. If that doesn't work, you may have to restore your device and set it up as new.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-24-2016, 10:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2014, 10:02 AM
- By fridayxiii in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2014, 09:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-17-2014, 08:30 AM