I show 1.5 gb being used for Messages on my iPhone, where are these and how do I delete them?
I am trying to update some of my boos, and it says I have no storage?
- 12-16-2014, 06:48 PM #2
- 25,107 Posts
I show 1.5 gb being used for Messages on my iPhone, where are these and how d...
In the Messages app. Delete your messsges. iMessages and SMS messages.
There's more you can do to free up space. Upload photos to cloud based apps like Box or Dropbox. Delete emails. Especially those with photos and videos. Delete unused apps. Delete songs you may be tired of. Delete anything unnecessary from the Notes app. Delete cache wherever you can. Facebook usually builds up a lot of cache. All you can do is delete the Facebook app, then reinstall it.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Last edited by Ledsteplin; 12-16-2014 at 07:34 PM.
- 12-16-2014, 07:14 PM #3iMore Beginner
- 56 Posts
Re: I show 1.5 gb being used for Messages on my iPhone, where are these and how do I delete them?
This is for storage of messages, such as iMessages and SMS and includes any pictures or videos that you've sent. Just delete any unneeded conversations every so often to free up some space.
- By lensterman in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 38Last Post: 12-21-2014, 05:42 PM
- By Nicholas Donaghy in forum iPhone 6Replies: 18Last Post: 12-18-2014, 11:39 AM
- By jlb21 in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2014, 10:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2014, 09:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM