Has anyone else noticed the Yosemite Guest User bug?

I

iMore Question

After updating several machines to Yosemite...I noticed that even though I disable Guest User.....every so often when I restart.....Guest User appears as enabled again. On two machines I disabled it several times, only to have it come back intermittently. Have you any insight into this?

[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has yet to happen on my MacBook, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for letting us know about the bug. It is appreciated...:)

KommBEK

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes!! I do have get this bug occasionally. Feels very hacker-ish to me so it's super annoying. I did 3 clean installation of 10.10.1 and it keeps doing it. Really, OS X built quality as drop substantially since Jobs' gone.

It's very frustrating to pay over 3K$ for the latest and see your user's experience degraded by an incredible amount of bugs. 3K$+ and you get laughed at by the PC folks when OS X does funny things during a presentation!

Setup:
2014 rMBP 15 / GT750M / Yosemite 10.10.1 USB installed / File Vault active on 2 partitions.

KK14

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Agree.
I just bought a MacBook Air - and it may be my last Mac.

I want my computer to boot to the desktop.
How can I remove the guest and my profile?
When I go into User and Groups, I've unlocked so I can make changes - but neither the guest nor my profile will highlight.
Is there another way to boot straight to the desktop?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77