Will erasing my phone from the Find my Phone app reset my account?

roadyx

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Apple support locked phone by accident - icloud child account

Hi folks, I bought a used iphone 5 and set it up with a child account. I fat fingered the birthdate to this year and called support to have them change it to the correct year. They asked me a few questions and proceeded to delete the account.
I asked them if I could reset the phone now. They said sure.

When I got back to my phone it now keeps on looping to the same icloud account and it won't let me put in the old password because the account was deleted. I can't re-add the account in because that's one of the things they mentioned, you can't reuse the same account.

I called back, and so far, no one is able to help me and I have an appointment at the Genius bar.

Now I still see the phone in the "Find my Iphone" webpage and I'm wondering whether erasing the phone will reset everything including the orphaned account. I wonder if I can remove the account from there as well.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple support locked phone by accident - icloud child account

Give it a try and see what happens. If it doesn't help then the problem will have to be remedied from Apple's end since it is an account issue.

roadyx

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple support locked phone by accident - icloud child account

Thanks! I just got a note from the Apple advisor not do anything further and wait for the appointment. First time we're using apple products (coming from android) and the experience is less than stellar.