White face or black face iPad Air 2? What do people like better?

I

iMore Question

I've read the studies and was wanting to hear back from the real world. What is better a black face or white face for the iPad air 2?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: white face or black face iPad air 2 what do people like better?

Neither is better, in my opinion. It boils down to personal preference, and nothing more.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: white face or black face iPad air 2 what do people like better?

This is merely a matter of personal preference. I personally prefer the Black facing because the white is distracting to me when I'm watching videos or playing games. The white just seems "unnatural", whereas the black fits in like the black borders of a movie. However, the wife loves the white and has always had that color.

Some people I know who upgrade every year like to alternate the colors - black one year, white the next...and so on. Also, the black does tend to show every spec of dust, dirt and pocket lint, not to mention the slightest hairline scratch. The white can get away with it a little more easily.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Of course, it's personal preference. However, it's sometime easier to set some criteria that are more important to you to help you decide. The black bezel has the advantage of disappearing when the iPad/iPhone is asleep, while with the white it's always there surrounding the functioning screen area. The black bezel also disappears when you're watching movies, allowing you to focus on the movie frame. The white bezel can more easily show lint and stuff on it, which as an OCD-ish person I find I'm constantly swiping at, which can be annoying when you accidentally swipe onto the touch space and change something you didn't mean to. I've tried both, and decided on the black bezel for my iPhone and white bezel for my iPad Air.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems the iPhone 6 ads are leaning more toward the Space Grey. The actual size ads that are in magazines and even the front page of Apple.com. But iOS 8 features lean toward the white. That's how it seemed with the iOS 7 debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2