My question is simple, when my iPhone 5s was upgraded, certain apps were installed...these apps and other apps that were already on my phone, take up memory...memory that I paid for...if apple wants to install apps, why can't apple install programs that will receive these updates and not effect my memory? I understand that the updates effect my warranty, but I don't use certain apps, such as Health, Stocks, or News...can these apps be deleted?
- 12-15-2014, 07:11 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 56 Posts
Re: Deleting Apps
Nope, These are "core" apps that are built into the operating system. Honestly, they really don't take up that much space - they are including in with the default "size" of memory that iOS takes. Just do what I do, take all of the core utility apps and put them all in one folder. Used to, you couldn't do this (newstand was the biggest problem child of this issue), but now, it's not a problem. This will save you a LOT of homescreen space!
- By lwr32 in forum iOS 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2014, 12:49 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2014, 10:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2014, 09:30 AM
- By udojahn in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2014, 09:11 AM