Coming from Windows Phone to iPhone, possible to transfer SMS?

Jowarman

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
So, I've been with Windows Phone for over three years now. I'm finally calling it quits due to the lack of support for most apps, and terrible ecosystem. I would like to know if it's possible to transfer my SMS messages from my Nokia 1520, to an iPhone 6. I would prefer to sync them up with the iMessage app or what ever the iPhone uses natively, and not some third-party app.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! As well as what to expect switching platforms. iOS is relatively new to me. :/ I went to an Apple store the other day, asking them for a full tutorial on iOS, (like the gestures and multi-finger options and stuff) and they gave me a weird look and didn't know where to start. :/ I know Android and Windows Phone very well, advanced level even, so iOS would be a breeze I'm sure. Just any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Mostly worried about the SMS transfer though!

Thanks!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
First welcome to iMore. I am not sure its possible to actually transfer your old sms messages. At least I am not aware of a way. You will find in general iOS is a very user friendly operating system and fairly easy to use.

Jowarman

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
The community here at iMore is a lot more standoffish in terms of replies compared to WindowsCentral. This is one reason why I'm even debating on switching. This is horrible community support. Thank you phreddyl for the reply, I greatly appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods