Why don't I have sound for my notifications?

I

iMore Question

I have a problem with sound

I have an IPad Air 2 and I have no sound for notifications for email or Facebook or messaging program but I do have sound for Games and Pandora. What could the problem be

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have a problem with sound

Have you checked the sounds section in settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I've seen a few iOS 8 bugs like this, even with 8.1.2. For example, my camera app...it randomly no longer makes the "shutter click" sound when taking a picture. A simple reboot fixes it. You may want to try that if everything is O.K. in your Sounds setting section.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings/Sounds and go down the list of sounds assigned to each action. If the sound listed isn't working for that function, change it to something else, then back to your preferred sound. Also, for lock and keyboard click sounds, be sure the switch is turned on below in the Settings/Sounds panel. On the side of your iPhone, also be sure the sound switch isn't muted (red showing). As another posted noted, if you've set everything the way you want it, and it's not working, do a reboot of the iPhone (power cycle). If that doesn't work, try a hard reboot (hold down power switch and home button until the 
logo appears on screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner