YouTube app playback issues?
I have an iPhone 6 Plus.Everything works just fine except for my YouTube app.I'm having some serious playback issues(iOS 8.1.2).When I play a certain video its quality starts fluctuating from HD to medium which doesn't make any sense as my internet connection is fine.When I play the same video on safari it never fluctuates and plays smoothly.Also if I try skipping from one min to another while watching a video using the YouTube app it will sometimes buffer for at least 15 seconds which is annoying.Is it the app or is it my phone.Any way I can fix this?
- 12-12-2014, 06:27 PM #2
- 24,994 Posts
Re: YouTube app playback issues?
Welcome to iMore! I still use the iP 5. YouTube works fine on it. Google has been slow to get their apps up to speed with the new iPhones. It's apparently the app. You might try my favorite YouTube client, Jasmine. It works a lot better than YouTube.
Jasmine - YouTube Client by Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
- By Tsaniri in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 03-11-2016, 01:48 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 12-13-2014, 08:34 PM
- By cbreze in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
- By nikos1990 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2014, 08:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2014, 04:42 PM