Where did my iTunes purchased ring tones go?

I

iMore Question

New ring tones I bought from the iTunes store disappeared after I assigned the contacts. I have receipts for paid for ring tones but I can't find the on my iPhone 6 running IOS 8.1.1

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Did you back up the ringtones in iTunes in the tones section? If not, there's not much you can do. If you don't know where they are, then they're most likely gone. Ringtones and audiobooks can only be downloaded once. There is no purchased list for ringtones. It's up to you to sync them to iTunes for safe keeping. They must not make that clear, because others seem to lose their ringtones as well. If I'm wrong about this, someone correct me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
New ring tones I bought from the iTunes store disappeared after I assigned the contacts. I have receipts for paid for ring tones but I can't find the on my iPhone 6 running IOS 8.1.1

iOS 8.1.2 has been released. It includes bug fixes and addresses a problem where ringtones purchased through the iTunes Store may have been removed from your device. To restore these ringtones, visit the link below from your iOS device.

itunes.com/restore-tones

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hank is exactly right and why 8.1.2 specifically takes care of this issue so I would install the update and then go to the link Hank provided to restore your ringtones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2