Why can't I send or receive email with my iPod and iPad after updating to iOS 8.1.1?

I

iMore Question

Since I've updated to iOS 81.1 I cannot receive or send emails. My son has also updated his iPod to the same and is having the same problem. He even deleted is email account and started a new one but is now having the same problem. Fortunately I can access my email through an android device but I need my iPad for work !!!
Have tried all the usual things like signing out and in and rebooting but nothing :-/

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Is the device connected to the internet either via Wi-Fi or Cellular Data in order to be able to send & receive email?
2. If so, go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
3. If the problem still persists, initiate the Safari browser on the iPad and see if you can surf the web. If so, login to your email account via the Safari browser to check your email.
4. If you are indeed able to check your email via the browser on your iPad then I recommend you restore your device and set it up as new. Afterwards, reconfigure your email account(s) on the device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73