Will my siblings have to wait 90 days before they can download something if i transfer the Apple ID?

I

iMore Question

When I do this, when i log into my iTunes on my computer it works for the first couple of steps but then a box pops up if i want to play a tv show and it says,
This computer is already associated with an Apple ID.
If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days.
Does this system that you showed me prevent the 90 days download problem or will my siblings have to wait 90 days before they can download something if i transfer the apple id

Tim_Bracken123

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Frustratingly, Apple only lets you associate one Apple ID with a computer. If someone else (spouse, significant other, roommate, etc.) signs with their Apple ID on the same computer and then downloads content they purchased and legitimately own, then the first person won't be able to do the same for 90 days. We contacted Apple Support for free (an automated system called us and the hold time was 20 minutes) and they were able to reset the computer's association to the original Apple ID. They also suggested something called Family Sharing to address this going forward. Here's a description of that on Apple's site: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2