Shifted from android...now having headache

I

iMore Question

I used to do too many things rather almost all my jobs done on android galaxy note 1 and then 2... I was happy a bit but really wanted someday Apple announce a big screen model..became happy when heard about 6 plus

I got it last week...and really disappointed ...y Apple is not giving open hand to it to work and explore..the worst thing I noted.. Hohhot I can't explore my files..day by day exploring that for each and everything u need some app..and now everything is cloud or online storage

What was the fun to make 5.5 and 128 gb when u can't do anything.. For a single MP3 file you have to go to iTunes to copy ..oh my god...u can't do anything with ur email attachments..
A long list to go...I think Apple should not give any memory only top reinstalled apps and rest cloud...

It's completey makes no sense...I am thinking to shift back to some android

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's the deal OP.
1. Stick with works best for you.
2. Research a new platform before buying.
There is too much info out there on any device not to know.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Android is not iOS. iOS is not Android. Different approaches.

iOS utilises iTunes and cloud storage. Android utilises local storage.

You can't make a Honda Pilot into a Honda Accord. Two different cars for two different purposes.

I appreciate iOS' sleek, minimalistic, interoperability with other iOS products. I don't need a file system in my device. I don't have a problem downloading a free app for mail attachments. I appreciate iOS' polished apps and UI.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Next time, if you need a Honda Accord, don't get a Honda Pilot.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I used to do too many things rather almost all my jobs done on android galaxy note 1 and then 2... I was happy a bit but really wanted someday Apple announce a big screen model..became happy when heard about 6 plus

I got it last week...and really disappointed ...y Apple is not giving open hand to it to work and explore..the worst thing I noted.. Hohhot I can't explore my files..day by day exploring that for each and everything u need some app..and now everything is cloud or online storage

What was the fun to make 5.5 and 128 gb when u can't do anything.. For a single MP3 file you have to go to iTunes to copy ..oh my god...u can't do anything with ur email attachments..
A long list to go...I think Apple should not give any memory only top reinstalled apps and rest cloud...

Do what is in your best interest. If it is with an Android device, go for it. Why waste time and energy telling everyone how disappointed you are in a device you chose to purchase. Your options are:
1. Deal with it.
2. Sell it and get another device more suitable to your needs.
3. Return it, if you're still within the return period, and get another device more suitable to your needs.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

This debate about which platform is better is really, really getting old. Correction, has gotten old. Just buy the device that makes YOU happy. Try doing some RESEARCH next time before you purchase a device. SIMPLE

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
re:

Griping about it won't solve anything. I've used both iOS and Android. I keep coming back to iOS but I fully appreciate Android. No need to be so negative about iOS. When it comes down to it, you can accomplish the same things on both operating systems. You just accomplish those things in a different way. Have fun with Android. I had a LG G3 before I got the iPhone 6 Plus and it was a very good phone.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

This debate about which platform is better is really, really getting old. Correction, has gotten old. Just buy the device that makes YOU happy. Try doing some RESEARCH next time before you purchase a device. SIMPLE

It's so old I think it died a while back and we're out of the grieving period already.

Life is short, people just need to enjoy what they want. No point in complaining when there are so many options open to suit just about everyone!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

Adjustments to something new can be frustrating. I would be frustrated if I switched to Android. But often times, once we become accustomed to the new, we like it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Seems like iOS doesn't suit your needs. It also seems Android was a better fit for you.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Say what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

You're talking gibberish. If you want some help ask a question. I made the same switch and I am very happy and I don't have difficulty doing what I need to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
re:

Android is not iOS. iOS is not Android. Different approaches.

iOS utilises iTunes and cloud storage. Android utilises local storage.

You can't make a Honda Pilot into a Honda Accord. Two different cars for two different purposes.

I appreciate iOS' sleek, minimalistic, interoperability with other iOS products. I don't need a file system in my device. I don't have a problem downloading a free app for mail attachments. I appreciate iOS' polished apps and UI.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Next time, if you need a Honda Accord, don't get a Honda Pilot.

For what it's worth I love my Honda Pilot

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

For what it's worth I love my Honda Pilot

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Oh I LOVE my Honda CR-V. But it's not an Accord. It's not MEANT to be.

And I can't go where I go on an Accord. I'm not MEANT to get in hilly muddy terrain.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re:

Oh I LOVE my Honda CR-V. But it's not an Accord. It's not MEANT to be.

And I can't go where I go on an Accord. I'm not MEANT to get in hilly muddy terrain.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

LOL The analogy is really getting to a whole 'nother level....Well done ! :p