Will iOS 8.1.2 ask for a SIM?

I

iMore Question

Hello, I recently bought an iPhone 4s about 2 weeks ago, and I have a question. I bought it from someone on craigslist, and when I plugged it in, it said 'Hello' then 'No SIM card installed', I was really frustrated because the guy I bought it from said it worked perfectly, and said it was factory unlocked. But after, I took it to a phone repair shop, and they factory unlocked it, and I payed $60 for that. However, my main question is: If I update my iphone to ios 8.1.2, after I've backed it up, will it go back to the white screen that says 'Hello' and 'No SIM card installed'? I only want te phone for my pictures and apps and stuff. That's what I've been scared of these past few weeks, and I've tried asking everyone I know, but no one seems to know how to help. Thanks for listening, and I hope you answer asap.

msyk5645

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
If you want to avoid the "no sim" message on your phone, you're going put a micro SIM card in it. If you don't want to use it as a phone, it could be any micro SIM card. That message has nothing to do with it not working correctly, just means there's no sim inserted in the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2