Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone 3g jailbreak problem

Okay so i have this iphone 3g that i must fix somehow. i dont know why, but i tried upgrading the firmware trough itunes and it didnt work. im not sure if the phone is jailbroken already or not, but it is now.

so i downloaded firmware (it's the right firmware) ios 4,2,1 for iphone 3g. i installed redsn0w and everything goes smooth, but when my iphone turns on, its still on that sim activation screen and theres no way to turn it on. any sim i put its the same.

i also tried checking "deactivate" option on red snow, didnt do anything to.

when i connect to itunes it says something like sim is not supported or something.

is there any way to fix this? i literally tried installing the system trough red snow like 5 times and its still the same. tried different option, firmwares, all the same thing, i get stuck on sim activation thing.

any help please?
    iMore Genius

4,772 Posts

Default Re: iphone 3g jailbreak problem

I would suggest that you create an account, if you like, and post to this forum. I think you'll find great help there.

Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com