I clouds for more device space
Daughter needs apps for school work that r filling up device space.
How do I use I- clouds to free up space?
- 11-23-2014, 11:59 PM #2
- 25,091 Posts
Re: I clouds for more device space
Welcome to iMore! Here's a few things to do. iCloud is for backing up what is currently on the device. There's iCloud Photo Library, but it will take your back up space. So this:
1. Delete messages. They take a lot of space, especially if there's photos and videos.
2. Use cloud based apps like Dropbox, Box and OneDrive to store photos and videos. This gets them off the phone's storage. Box offers 10 free gb of storage space. OneDrive offers 30 gb and Dropbox 2 gb.
3. Keep emails deleted.
4. Delete cache in apps that offer the option. Apps like Facebook you have to delete, then reinstall to delete the cache.
5. Keep songs in the music app to a minimum.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Apple joins (RED) campaign for World AIDS Day, will donate percentage of proceeds from Black Friday,By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2014, 09:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2014, 06:53 PM
- By Frost Forged in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2014, 05:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2014, 04:51 PM