New to iPad. How much memory do I really need?

I

iMore Question

I'm not a gamer and I don't make videos. I'm into music and movies on demand. I have no clue how much memory Apps take or how many would eat up 16 GB. Would 16 GB be enough or am I crazy not to go with 64?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Do you have a smartphone that you will be using MORE than your iPad?
2. Will you simply be streaming videos or downloading and keeping the videos on the device?
3. Will you be streaming music or downloading and keeping it on the device?
4. If you answered YES to #2 and #3 then go with the 64 GB model iPad, in my opinion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered a Gold 64gb iPad Air2. I use to think that 32gb (which Apple stop making) was the sweet spot until I got my first Apple iDevice (Gold 5s), and realized I would be using more apps that I didn't even know exsisted. Not to mention my small music library (9gb), Photos, wallpapers ectera, ectera. I quickly found myself managing space. I decided to go with the 64gb keeping in mind ....."It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have". I suggest getting the largest memory iDevice you can afford. You won't regret it...SMILE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You're talking about storage capacity. And it depends on what all you want to do. I would want more for an iPad than a phone. But that's me. I don't put much music on my phone. But I might want a movie or two on an iPad.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods